Greetings, RAYFA Families! Metro East met last evening and will meet one more time after the associations come back to make a final decision. We expect to be able to provide that update on Monday but will continue to update this site as soon as possible. The Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) voted to move the high school football season to the Spring and go with a reduced 6-game schedule. Our league (Metro East Youth Football - www.meyfl.org) is digesting this development and is meeting on Thursday to decide whether the league will play this year. If we get the green light for this season the RAYFA Board will be moving quickly with helmet fittings, building teams, practices and setting registration deadlines. In the meantime, registration remains open for grades 1-8 and we will refund registration fees if we need to cancel the season. GO RAIDERS!!!
The RAYFA board has decided to open registration in preparation for another fun season this Fall. We are continuing to follow developments at the state and local level that will help guide our decisions regarding safety measures for the season. If for some reason the season does not happen you will receive a full refund for the registration fee or you may choose to receive a credit for the 2021 season.
There are two different registrations links below - 2020 RAYFA Registration (Grades 3-8) and 2020 RAYFA FLAG Registration (Grades 1-2).
Please reach out with any questions. Go Raiders!
RAYFA Registration- email@example.com or 651-398-1066
Letter from the President 5/16/2020
Greetings Rayfa families. I hope this communication finds you all happy and healthy. While it's been an unprecedented few months we are excited to open registration for the 2020 football season.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding Covid-19 but with the recent lifting of the stay at home order, we are proceeding with registration for the 2020 season. Our first priority is the health and safety of our RAYFA players and families. We also know these have been challenging times for some of our RAYFA family as well with lots of things on hold or unknown. Therefore, we are offering an initial registration down payment option of $50 for tackle/tackle bar grades 3-8. The remaining $150 will be collected on 7/25/2020. Flag players (1st and 2nd grade) are encouraged to register closer to mid-July or early August as the flag season starts later than tackle.
In the event the RAYFA season is cancelled or postponed you will be entitled to a full refund or will have the option of pushing your deposit to the 2021 season. I want to assure all families that we will proceed with the utmost caution and care as we prepare for what the 2020 season will look like.
We are working as a board to determine what some of our summer camps and programs will look like. Currently, varsity Head Coach Chris Simdorn is planning for the youth camp June 22nd-26th at RAHS stadium. We are also looking to host a few mini camps in early July as well. As we get closer to those dates we will be providing more updates as to if they will be happening as planned.
We are cautiously optimistic as we move through spring and into summer. Obviously, we are hoping that football will be a possibility this fall, but as I mentioned before, the health and safety of our players and families is our number one priority. Please feel free to reach out with any questions that you have regarding registration, the upcoming season or RAYFA as a whole. We wish you continued safety and we hope to see you in the fall.
|RAYFA Registration Opens (Grades 3-8)||May 18th||July 31st|
|RAYFA Flag Registration Opens (Grades 1 & 2)||May 18th||Sept 5th|
|RAYFA Board meeting||July 8th 8:00 pm||Zoom / Ol' Mexico (TBD)|
|Mini Camp #1||July 18th||Dale St Fields|
|Mini Camp #2||July 25th||Dale St Fields|